Hopefully, the Chicago Teachers Union and the Chicago Board of Education will reach an agreement soon and students will be able to return to school. If there is no agreement today, Stone will be able to provide childcare and enrichment activities for about 80 students starting tomorrow (Tuesday, 1/11). Unfortunately we have limited capacity because of the number of staff members reporting to work. If you are an essential worker and need childcare for a Stone student, please complete this survey by 5:00 p.m. today (Monday, 1/10).
- Families who receive confirmation of their registration for childcare can be dropped off at 8:00 a.m. and all children must be picked up by 3:00 p.m.
- An email will be sent by 7:00pm this evening to all families who have a spot for their children.
- Families will not need to register their child more than once, it’s assumed that the children will continue coming until there is a resolution and classes begin again. Afterschool programming will not be available.
- Pod sizes will be capped at 20 students, these groups will be organized by age-level, and will be kept consistent so students are always with the same peers.
- The pods will be monitored by two Stone staff members and pod leads are in the process of planning fun enrichment activities like: arts and crafts, games, technology time, movies, and gym time. If families are familiar with Aftercare, our programming will be very much like that, except during school hours.
- We will serve breakfast and lunch for students attending Stone's program.
As a reminder, we have grade level specific packets of educational activities and take home meals available for pick up every day between 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. These packets are not required work during the closure and are provided by the district as a resource for families.