Our school's success depends on the active involvement of our parent community. There are many ways to support the school and we welcome any help you can give. Below is an overview of our Stone parent organizations to outline how you can get involved this year.
The Volunteer Process
**Vounteering in the classroom or school does require a completion of the CPS volunteer process.
- Complete the volunteer application online and background check.
- Present your ID to the school office.
- CPS completes background check and accepts or declines volunteer.
- School Principal authorizes volunteer.
- Check with your Room Parents to see what the classroom needs are.
Volunteering for things like Raven Theatre Event, Jog-a-thon, Book Fair or PTA Events does not require completion of the volunteer forms.
The bottom line is we rely on our parents. Volunteer, come to meetings, spend time in the classroom, or bring us your ideas. Whatever skill, talent, or time you have, we welcome you!
Friends of Stone Academy or FOSA is the parent fundraising arm for the school. Every year, FOSA raises money to support supplemental academic, athletic, and arts enrichment programs. These programs are funded exclusively by money that FOSA raises.
How can you support FOSA?
- Annual Fund
- Raven Theater Event
- Improv Tonight Parents Night Out
- Winter Online Auction
- And several other “passive” fundraising opportunities like Amazon Smile and restaurant events
All are welcome to join the Friends of Stone Academy (FOSA). We look forward to meeting you.
Support FOSA or find out more by contacting email@example.com
The Parent Teacher Association works to facilitate a great learning environment and build a supportive community for students and parents. The group hosts activities throughout the year, including Arts Night, beginning- and end-of-year picnics, our annual carnival, and much more. Funds for PTA events come from parent memberships.
How can you support the PTA?
- Join: All parents are encouraged to become members of the PTA.
- Volunteer: The success of PTA events (including the Scholastic Book Fair, Arts Night, School Picnics, Carnival, and much more) depends on engaged parents who are willing to roll up their sleeves and help out. Throughout the year you will hear about volunteer opportunities from manning the cash register at the book fair to chaperoning the junior high dance to selling hot dogs at the Carnival. If interested, please email us.
- Participate: Come to PTA meetings to stay informed about Stone. Attend events to meet other families and see the great things our students are doing. You build the Stone community by being involved.
Support the PTA or find our more by contacting stoneacademyPTA.CPS@gmail.com.
Parent Patrol meets and greets our students that are dropped off on Leavitt in the mornings. This provides an option for parents who do not want to park and walk their children up to school. Parent Patrol is typically there each school day between 7:45 and 8:10 - so a very small time committment. We need more volunteers for this group.
Contact Jennifer Trautvetter if you are interested in volunteering.
Room parents help connect teachers and classroom parents for each respective grade. Through your room parent, you will hear of any needs from your child's teacher as well as regular news and updates for the classroom and the school.
How can you support Room Parents?
- Spend time in the classroom: Want to help out on Halloween? Or want to see first graders discover their love of reading? There are so many different ways to get involved in the classroom, and we need all the help we can get! Whether it's a few hours over the course of the year, or concentrated time every week, teachers throughout the school (and in your child's classroom) will benefit from the time you are willing to give. **
- Field Trips: Chaperone a field trip and see all the great places where our kids get to further their learning.
- Help at Home: For parents that don't have time during the day, sometimes teachers need help that doesn't have to be done in the classroom.
Support room parents or find out more by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org or your child's current room parent.